Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Dreary Tues.

Man, it’s a dingy one today. Grey (or gray) and wet. It stormed last night, I remember hearing thunder, and it is definitely wet. It didn’t rain in me this a.m., but I got wet from road spray. I did normal Tuesday, Bottom Rd loop. I think the loc’s (those that are more loc’d than I) call this the Lower Paragon Loop, but I’m not 100% on that. Anywho, I call it the Bottom Rd Loop. I rode good, felt good, but drab weather like this sucks. It brings my whole mood down.
I’m experimenting w/ Cliff Bars because the place I get Power Bar Harvests and GU from is having serious stock problems. I used to eat Cliff before Harvest bars came out, so I’m trying them out again. The distributor seems to have Cliff most of the time and if not they’re $1.00 at Kroger, so they’re available one way or the other. I have a few to eat over the next week or two, so I’ll see what I think. It takes me awhile to test them because I really only eat on the bike if I’m going 35 miles or more. GU is only available to me from one distributor that "will have it in tomorrow" for the past ~4 weeks. I have to buy it retail off the internet if they don’t have it. I’ve tried other gels and GU is the only one that works for me, so retail it is when they’re out. Our customers often think we’re screwing them when it takes a long time to get something in for them, but it happens to employees too. And it sucks for us all the same.

1 comment:

Randy Lewandowski said...

Target also carries Cliff bars, my favorites, in singles and in boxes of 6 or 8. I think they are between .93 and .99 per bar.
Too bad about the weather because it sure was nice later on.

Jumpy