Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Easy tempo

I set out on a tempo ride of the Bottom Rd loop this a.m. and it kind turned into an easy tempo ride. That’s below tempo, but above easy. Man, these lines can get blurry when you’re not feeling it, which I wasn’t. I didn’t feel bad, just slow. Then my right hip, started to hurt a little, but on the inside, so more like the pelvis area. Only when I walk though, not pedal. High intensity, high mileage athletes (running, cycling, whatever) have all kinds of little hurts that come and go, so I’m not worried, but I don’t like having things bothering during race weeks. That means I a) have to get rid of it before the weekend and b) possibly re-arrange training to give it rest, which I don’t like to do during race weeks. So, tomorrow is scheduled as a hard/long(er) day, but I’m thinking I’ll ride easy out to the Pinegrove boat ramp and bust the 4 mile TT, then spin back in for about 15-20 miles w/ a hard-ass effort in the middle. We’ll see how it feels when I wake up.

No comments: