Monday, May 29, 2006

MTB, that's it

Lindsay and I went to Wapahani to get in some pre-riding for next week’s race. Expert is racing 5 laps, so I wanted to ride 6. I rode 5. It just worked out to when I was finishing my 5th everyone else there was finishing up there ride too, so I just packed it in. There were a lot of people there, most of them racers pre-riding. I felt pretty good riding, and hit everything good that I needed to hit. There’s one climb that is very steep and due to the rain a couple days ago it was just wet enough that I couldn’t make it up it. I made it most of the way my first three laps and I omitted the section my last two. It just wasn’t worth getting off and walking up. I was doing 31 minute laps, and doing 28 min w/out that section. I wasn’t riding hard at all, so we’ll see what race day brings. I rode for 2.5 hours, and you have to double MTB mileage because it’s so much harder than road. So it’s like riding about 50 road miles.
There are a couple trees down form last weeks tornado warning weather, so those have to be removed before Sat. We’re having more trail work Wed, but I have to be careful as I got some poison ivy last week.
Tempo day tomorrow after three hard days on a row.

No comments: