Sunday, May 28, 2006

Nice day, for a ride

It’s 5:30 p.m. and my weather bug still says 90*.
Josh P was going to come down and ride w/ Ryan and I, but he got bogged down in Indy and didn’t make it. So Ryan and I went out and did the Gainseville ride. Gainseville is N/E of Nashville, and the ride loops back around through Nashville before heading back to B-Town. It’s a great ride w/ good roads and some really good hills. It has several big-ring climbs and a few down shift grinders too. It’s a little over 60miles and climbs 2500’. We averaged just over 20mph for the ride; that’s moving.
It was stinkin hot too. The humid kind of hot. It’s nice to be out in the heat w/ just short and a short sleeve jersey w/ no base layer or anything. Finally.
When I got back I sat around for a while then Lindsay and I walked over to the campus "village" area and got fresh juice smoothies form the coffee shop/juice bar, Soma. It hit the spot on a hot ass day after riding a hard 3 hours.
Tomorrow Dan P is coming down to pre-ride Wapahani for next weekend. I think Josh P is coming w. him to ride some MTB w/ us. Should be another steamer. All those poor hillbillies sitting out at the Indy 500…

No comments: