Monday, May 15, 2006

Soggy Shoes

Got in my standard easy one-hour roller spin this a.m. It felt good after a fairly hard ride yesterday. My shoes, however, were still kind of wet despite being hung all night and having a fan blowing on them for a few hours yesterday. Putting my feet into wet shoes was just about enough to make me not ride this morning, but the desire to be fast saw me into soggy shoes. I have an old pair of shoes and another pair of cleats; I just haven’t put the cleats on them. With the string of weather that may be something for me to put on my to-do list. I need to rebuild my rear wheel first though and I should have my rim today. That’s most likely my Monday night festivity.
Well, the temps are forecasted to rise and the chance of rain is 30-40% for the next 4-6 days. Maybe us poor Indiana folk will see some relief soon. And it looks like Southern IN has had it a little better too. I know up around Frankfort (my hometown) there’s been a lot more rain. And it looks like the river is way up in Muncie judging by the Start Press online picture of the car under water.
I have the Giro D’ Italia opened in a parallel window right now and I’m not really paying attention to what I’m writing, so I’m out.

No comments: