Monday, June 12, 2006

Bad weather makes for wet riding

Yesterday the plan was to go to Brown County State Park to ride MTB for 2.5 hours unless it rained a lot then cleared, in which case road riding was the order. It rained, but not much, so we went to BCSP around noon or so. Lindsay and I went and nobody else wanted to come down for fear of a total washout and wasting a 2 hour drive (for them, it’s only about 20 minutes for us). So Linds and I went for it. It was wet, but not too wet. It wasn’t quite slick, but too wet to be tacky and perfect. But no sloppy wet either. It was in a limbo state between slick wet and tacky wet. But just too wet to go real fast, but whatever, it’s practice riding. We were the only bikers there the whole time we were there. It was kind of weird, being out on the 9 mile loop and not another person there at all (except Lindsay, but we didn’t ride "together"). Anywho, I did 2 big laps, one w/ the Hesitation Point climb (~2 miles of switch back climbing), and one w/out. It was just under 2.5 hours and some good riding. I’m very glad I went because I would have sat around all day playing the should I/shouldn’t I ride game due to the dreary weather.
I planned to ride kind of easy since I was by myself and just kind of make sure I was climbing good and hitting good lines, but once I got going I felt good, so I rode pretty hard, which lends itself to more mistakes, but I rode good and it’s good to get hard MTB workouts in.
My last weeks hours were off due to getting rained out Wed, which is my longest/hardest weekday, so hopefully I can get in some full weeks coming up here.

No comments: