Friday, June 23, 2006

Last couple of days (one tired, one fine (but wet))

My past two days have been normal training wise (you seeing the pattern yet???). But, Thursday’s 4 hill ride was a little different. I usually just roll between the hills and then hit the hills hard, but I was tired, so I just rolled to whole ride, basically @ tempo. I felt fine today on my normal Friday shorter easier ride. It was spitting rain though and I got wet, but not soaked. Whatever, I just wanted to turn my legs over for an hour or so. I thought about taking the day off due to how I felt Thursday, but I’m a big believer in active recovery, so…
Tomorrow is "rest" (no ride, but work 9 hours), then MMSF RR Sunday. Weather looks good, so let’s hope for, uhhh, good things. I don’t want to jinx anything (but note: I've prepared for this race and have high hopes), so just hope for good things and we’ll see.
I worked 42 hours this week, partly accidentally, but I worked for another guy who was gone for a couple days. I try to be mindful of overtime, but it was unavoidable this period. Oh well, only 2 hours.

No comments: