Wednesday, June 21, 2006

MMSF hot lap, well pretty hot

As planned, I went out alone this a.m. and busted out a lap on the MMSF course. While the lap wasn’t as hot as the lap RS and I busted last week (low 34min), it was pretty hot for a solo @ low 37min. That’s still just over 22mph av, not as fast as RS and I turning it in @ just under 25mph, but not bad. It was HOT too. I’m not much of a sweater and I was dripping. I couldn’t see out my (*Rudy Project*) sunglasses due to my having sweated all over them. I had to take them off and stick them in my (*Rudy Project*) helmet to get them off of my face. (*shameless sponsor product plugs*)
The lap felt good, but I wore myself out. I was tired for the rest of the day. The heat took it out of me w/ such a hard effort. As a rule, I operate better in the heat, but it shocked my system a little today. Oh well, 1) the heat is supposed to break after tomorrow and 2) I will remember to take my E-Caps (http://www.e-caps.com/) on longer/harder days (and especially race day(s)).

1 comment:

Randy Lewandowski said...

Adam -
Good luck at this weekend's MMSF race, your going to rock!

Jumpy