Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Rain Delay

Well, the 60% chance of rain beat out the 40% of none. I actually went out and got started in the rain, but by the time I got to campus (about 3-5 minutes) it was pouring- raining really hard. I looped around through campus and headed back, as I was completely soaked. When I got home it started raining even harder- full on downpour, so I guess it was good I turned it in. I decided to do a little session of stretching and put my spare pair of cleats on my old pair of shoes, so I have them to wear on wet days. I’ve been meaning to do this for a while, but haven’t gotten around to it. I wished I had them this morning, so I figured today would be a good day to get them ready.
I don’t stretch too often, so it probably didn’t really do me much good, but at least I felt lie I was doing something.
So, I got in 16min of riding and laid down 3.6miles for the day. Not the highest volume ever, but whatever, it’s raining. And my bike was too wet to want to put it on the trainer when I got in, but I’m calling that a good thing. I really don’t want to ride trainer (at all) (and especially in June).

No comments: