Sunday, June 04, 2006

Sunday longer recovery

I wanted to get in 40-50 slightly below moderately pace miles today. I set out to Spencer and came back via the Hilly 100 route to add a few miles. I ended up w/ about 47 miles, which was perfect. The only X factor was the wind. It was super windy down here today. It usually isn’t too noticeable w/ the hills, but it was windy today. Oh well, since it was just a recovery ride, it doesn’t really matter. The week is looking good for a full workout week w/out weather interruptions. Plus I don’t have to worry any race related logistical stuff (setting up course, course maintenance, etc) , which while I like doing it, it does eat into training time. I don’t race MTB for about a month now, so I have plenty of time there. There is a race in about two weeks, but it’s in Portage IN (near Chicago), so I’m not going due it being hella far away (5 hours at least). So I don’t race until the end of the month and that’s road. I should be able to get 3 solid weeks in before racing again. Sweet.
So that’s that. Another week ends/begins.

No comments: