Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Tues. Wed.

I hate the ominous forecast that is the current 10-day. It is a 30-40% chance of storm every day. You don’t know what to expect.
Yesterday I went out by myself and rode North Shore/South Shore around Lake Lemon. This is a hard road ride and the course my next (scheduled) RR. I had to take an altered route in, as the road that is my normal road in (Robinson Rd) was closed. I had to come in straight on Hwy 45, which shaved off about 5 miles, but nothing big. At least I got all the hills. I refer to NS/SS as my nest "scheduled" RR because this year the Indiana Race Series (IRS) is having, for the first time, a series overall called the Mag 7, which will reward the top 3 overall in each category. I had no intention of competing for the Mag 7 OA, but I am currently 6th overall. That means I have a chance of moving into the top 3, but I have to do the St. Crispen RR at the end of July. I’ll crunch some numbers/odds and see.
Today I plan to race a MTB TT at Nebo Ridge this evening, but because the weather has not cooperated most evenings, I decided to ride this morning, just in case tonight gets rained out. I rode the Bottom Rd loop @ tempo, although I intended to go extra easy. It just felt fine, so I went a little harder than I planned. Oh well, the TT is for no points or anything, so I’m using it as an excuse to ride MTB. So today may end up being a 2-a-day, weather pending.

No comments: