Sunday, June 18, 2006

Wasted Weekend

What a weekend. Saturday went as normal, which is a 9 hour work day and an off riding day. Work wasn’t terribly busy, which was nice because it has been TERRIBLY busy lately.
Like an idiot I volunteered to pick up Sunday for the guy who normally works Sunday because he’s out of town. Working 7 days in a row kind of sucks anyway, and by the time I take another day off, it will have been, like, 13 days in a row. Anyway, the plan was to leave as quickly s possible after work and high tail it to Muscatatuck Park in North Vernon to ride the MTB course for two weeks from now. Of course, people kept pouring in the bike shop w/ a few minutes to close, which is totally inconsiderate. I wanted to leave at 3, but I couldn’t get rid of customers until a few minutes after, then I had to close to day still. As I said, it is totally inconsiderate to go into a small store close to closing time, especially on a Sunday when it ought not to be opened anyway. Also, I heard some lady say during our ‘last 5 minutes rush’ "everybody must have heard you’re about to close and came in." I was like "yeah, real fu##ing funny" (to myself).
Anywho, we got to Muscatatuck and it was overcast, but looked like it may hold off. The second, literally, I got my shoes on and stood up outside the car, the rain started to fall. I was like, screw this Linds and I drove all the way over (1.25 hr), we’re riding. So we took off and it started absolutely pouring buckets. We came to a trail that went back to the parking area and took it. We sat in the shelter house for about 10 minutes of non-relenting rain, then left. It was a total waste of time/gas. I guess the bright side is I now know how long it takes to get thee form here.
I rode for 8 minutes today. I suck. Wait, the weather sucks. I‘m planning on getting up early and doing more mileage then usual for tomorrow to make it up.
Morgan Monroe St Forest Road Race is this weekend. Let’s hope for a good week and a good weekend to come.

No comments: