Thursday, July 27, 2006

Catchin Up

I’ve been using pretty much all of my morning time lately, so I’ve been slacking on posts. Today’s thunderstorms have forced upon me the opportunity to catch up though. I NEEDED to do laundry for one thing, and I need to wash my cycling cloths too. I should be able to get that done this a.m. I probably should vacuum the floors in here, well see if I get to that.

*Sunday:
Dan P and Josh P came down and we rode the Nashville 90. Again, this is such a sweet ride. Those 90 miles just roll by. Just before getting into Nashville (which is about 60 or so miles in) we past a dude and he latched onto us. He is a prof from IU in the exercise science dept (or something) and is training for Ironman UK in a few weeks. He is from the UK and seems like a good rider. He is a former pro triathlete and apparently holds some records at Hawaii on the run course or something. Anyway, by the time we picked him up, Josh P was dying, so we rolled in ssssllllloooowwww from NV to B-Town (about 17 mph) and just talked, so as to not destroy Josh P. It was kind of nice taking the last several miles easy, so to not be totally thrashed when you get in and start recovery earlier. Usually, we ride hard beginning to end. And it was still a good ride though, as the 90 seems to usually be. We stopped more than I’d like to (3-4 times), but some were to wait for Josh. Oh well, it was a nice day and we got in the miles. Dan P and I were both riding really strong, putting in these monster pulls of about 30-40 minutes each!

Monday:
I did my normal Mon 1 hr spin out the legs on rollers. I didn’t feel bad at all after the 90, but it’s still good to take it easy after a bigger effort, or the price may be paid later.

Tuesday:
Met w/ Shanny and Josh (B-Town Josh) and we rode North Shore, HARD. Basically, we rolled out to NS and I accidentally attacked on the big downhill. I was in front due to the climbs, and after descending I noticed I had gapped them, so I kept going and kept my gap for all of NS. Ryan said that once we got past the hills on hwy 45, he was going to ride as hard as he could in his hardest gear to New Unionville (about 8 miles or so I think). I thought to myself ‘great, after soloing NS, I’m dead.’ So when we got atop the climbs he shifted down, I tucked in and we hammered it out (well, he hammered it out and I sucked his wheel, but drafting at those speeds is still hard work!). We were rolling 27-29 on flats, ~24 uphill and 35-38 downhill. I hung on, and didn’t get dropped, which pumped me up, but it was hard.

Wed:
I needed to ride my MTB because I haven’t ridden it for about a month and I race this weekend. So I rode it out to Wapahani, did two laps of the race course and rode back, but really hard back. It was great work out and I got to ride tech MTB stuff. Plus I was only on pavement for probably 10 minutes of the 2 hours. I rode the Clear Creek rail trail, which isn’t entirely paved anyway, but where it is, I rode off the side of it on this real fine gravel. It was good for an MTB workout.

Today:
Chores, blog catch up, get MTB ready for weekend, work, etc…

*
Sunday was Lindsay and I’s 1 year anniversary. We went out Saturday night to nice Italian joint (Gratzie) and ate, then went to The Irish Lion for a drink. It was nice evening. It’s been a nice year.
So that’s so far. DINO MTB this weekend in Logansport. Fast course, should be good. I really want to race the St. Crispian RR this weekend over in Nashville, but I have series MTB points to earn. St. Crispian is on my turf, hilly Nashville, but it just isn’t going to work out this year. IN St RR Championships are next weekend (I think) though. I may go race that. It’s up on the North Side of Indy, so It’s probably flat, which doesn’t suit me well, but oh well, it’s racing!

1 comment:

Gina said...

Happy Anniversary! Glad it was a good year... some say the first is the worst... just goes to show you are right for each other! Congrads!