Wednesday, July 12, 2006

...killing me softly...

I’m so good at bitching about the weather, so…the past few days are killing me. When I got up today to ride it was raining and totally wet form overnight rain, so I decided I wasn’t going to ride because I didn’t want to get soaked and get my equipment soaked. So I decided I would clean out our car, which I’ve been meaning to do for about 6 months and just haven’t done. So I got a bag and went at it. I got all the trash out and was going to go the car wash to vacuum I tout, but it had cleared some, so I suited up and set. My plan was to go out to the flashing light on hwy 446 and back to get a time for that ride for future reference(s). I got out to the Paynetown S.R.A. and the southern sky was looking pretty dark and the wind was stiff coming up for the south, so I decided to turn around there, rather than keep going an end up in a storm. Of curse, it didn’t storm, but unbeknownst to me, riding to the flasher and back would have been a 40 or so mile ride, and since I left late it would have put me home too late to still make my lunch, etc. and get to work on time, so I guess it was good I turned in. I got in a little over an hour, so whatever.
Right now it’s pouring, but it’s supposed to clear, so hopefully I can get it some freaking training this week! Then our "vacation" this weekend (to Muncie). I’m calling it our vacation because work/financial/athletic restraints keep us form actually doing anything and going anywhere. And I’m not complaining either. Really, I chose the life live, and I don’t go places and do things because it hampers my real interests, so really, I’m not complaining. But Muncie for a "vacation," huh?

1 comment:

Gina said...

Hey I am going to Lebanon for a vacation in less than two weeks. Are you saying I am lame? JK

Well at least you take notice of the weather. Chalk it up to having great conversation ice breakers on hand.