Tuesday, July 18, 2006

New Ride

I decided last night to do a new ride this a.m. Not fully new, but riding the same roads in different configurations. I went out across South Shore drive (I was going to go across North Shore, but SS is so much easierJ ), then toward Nashville on hwy45, to Helmsburg Rd, but turned off of Helmsburg onto Lanam Ridge, which is another way to get through the Yellowwood Forest via climbing out of Helmsbrug onto Lanam Ridge, taking the ridge across back to Hwy 45. I google mapped it at about 43 miles, but my watch reported about 41. Whatever. It wasa good ride and climbing up Lanam Ridge is always tough. This would be a good ride to do via North Shore of you want a lot of climbing, or via South Shore if you want more ‘flat.’ Then again, the road that leads to SS from Old Hwy 37 (Robinson road) is solid climbing form Old 37 to the connector for SS (tunnel Rd.), so I don’t really know that NS is more climbing, just different climbing. I left about 8:30 and the temps were good. I did drink more than normal, but I think I’m coming off a little dehydration after being out all day Saturday and riding in the thick of the heat Sunday. Oh well, I felt fine and ride good.
Congrats to Big Tim Green on his first ever Endurathon. I wasn’t around to see him finish, but I did give him some cheers on transitions. Just to finish that sucker in that heat is something special. I almost bonked watching!

No comments: