Friday, July 21, 2006

(pretty) normal week

I haven’t written for few days because I haven’t had much to tell. The weather has cooperated, so I’ve been able to get in a full-normal week so far training wise. One little snag in it though, I got stung by a bee coming in from Wed’s ride. I am mildly allergic to it, so I swell far more than normal. I had just started climbing a minor hill (but hadn’t shifted out of my big ring yet) and I felt it sting my (left) ankle. I looked down and he (it) was in my shoe between my shoe and my ankle. So, climbing in my big ring, I am frantically trying to get my shoe off w/out falling over. My shoes have one Velcro strap, a buckle strap and a tension dial closure thingy, so it was very hard to get off while moving and w/ one hand, but I managed and go the bee out, unclipped the shoe from the pedal, put back on loose and started the climb on my big ring, which was hard enough as is, let alone w/ my ankle swelling to he size of softball. I’ve been elevating/icing it in the eve’s, but this thing is just going to have to work itself out, nothing is really helping. Today (Fri) I can feel the bone in my ankle again, so it’s going down. It should be about normal by Sunday, I would think. Sunday we have planned to do the Nashville 90 w/ some people form Indy coming down, but if that falls through, RS want’s to do a long cyclocross ride, which I’d be down with. My CX bike needs some work, as I commute on it everyday, but CX season isn’t too far off and a few CX rides would be good a) to change things up a little and b) to get out on the CX bike. We’ll see; the weather is supposed to be good, cooler than it has been and sunny…

No comments: