Monday, July 31, 2006

Weekend report:

Sunday: DINO @ France Park, Logansport.
This was to be a hot one. This course has no real climbing and therefore isn’t really a great course for me. It odes have a few perfectly flat, open hammer sections where you just shift into your hardest gear and pedal for a mile or so, again, kind of favors bigger dude w/ bigger legs. Anywho, I got off to a not-so-great start (toward the back of the bunch) and rode steady. I knew conservative would be the word of the day w/ the heat. Problem is, a lot of the people I like to beat were riding less conservatively than I, and beat me. Overall though, I rode good and finished somewhere around 11th or so.
France Park has a beach area at the quarry there, so we all "went swimming" afterwards to cool down. It was about the greatest post race activity I could imagine. It brought my core temp down to normal in about 5 minutes, which in the heat would normally take a few hours probably. So swimming after racing = good.
After we left we went through Frankfort, to try to meet up w/ my parents, but they weren’t back from helping my brother move from WI to IL yet. So we ate some Taco Bell, stole some groceries and split. We got home around 6:00, which was nice, as I was beat after a 2 hour, 90-some degree hammer fest. I passed out for about ½ hour, which was perfect for a little rest.
Today was per normal, 1 hour easy spin on the rollers. Feeling fine, although my back was sore(ish) allover this morning form the roughness of the Logansport course. It has some sections that just beat the crap out of you, even with full suspension.
I’m now planning on racing the IN State Road Race Championships in Indy this weekend. I had planned on one more RR this year, but it was cancelled, so I’ll probably so do this instead. It starts retarded early, so I’ll probably go to Josh and Dan’s in Indy Saturday night and stay w/ them. This included, I’ve three races left this year (minus cyclocross) and I am thinking I an starting to feel my form slowly fading after hitting hard since Feb. I feel a little more sluggish a little more often and I don’t feel so guilty missing a work out due to weather or something. That’s to be expected though. I’ve been training since December and hitting the bike harder since Feb.
The Bloomington Downtown Criterium is this Saturday evening. I have to work until 6:00 p.m. (and further, I’d hate to violate my no-crit policy), so I won’t be racing, but I’m going to mozy over after work to watch. It should be a lot of fun.

No comments: