Monday, August 28, 2006

8/28

It's been a few...here's the catch up.
Wed. I left w/ the usually suspects (+ another) for the hard ride. It was RS Tim Cote and Fred from BGI. RS was doing intervals and we used South Shore as the route. Basically, on any flat part of the route RS rode in his hardest gear about 27mph and we stayed in tow. Then we "just rode" up the hills and talked, etc. It was good one and I felt much better than I expected to. I had almost planned on getting dropped the way I’ve been riding, but I hung.
The rest of the week was normal, w/ the hill int. ride for me Thurs; and a short/easy Fri.
Yesterday I rode at Brown County St Park by myself. Lindsay was going to go, but her ankle was messed up (more on that). I rode a little over two hours and started to feel tired. I had planned on doing a third lap, but I just wasn’t feeling it. It was really humid and pretty hot, which it hasn’t been, so getting re-acclimated to the conditions took more out of me too. It was an okay ride, not great. It rained some the night before and was a little wetter than I thought it would be, but it was okay.
Lindsay crashed racing at West Wood Park last weekend and put a good gash on her shin. She cleaned it really well and left it opened to bleed out any bacteria, and kept cleaning it regularly. But the other day her ankle on the same leg got a big bruise on it and she hadn’t done anything to it and it didn’t hurt or anything, it just appeared. So we went to the Dr. yesterday afternoon and he said it was infected around the wound and blood had been draining into her ankle, causing the bruise and swelling. He gave her a tetanus shot and some antibiotics and she should be fine (though her arm was really sore from the shot). A little scary though, when a huge bruise show up w/ no reason to.
So my parents were planning on coming down to hang out yesterday, but we put it on hold until next weekend, as I had no idea how long we would be at the Dr. We were there for long time (waiting), so it was good call.
Today was usual Monday spin out on rollers. I felt much better than I expected to for as worked as I felt yesterday after riding. I have only a few (or couple, really) more weeks of real training left, then it’s JRA (just riding along) time; less focus, loose agenda. That’s good ‘cause I’m losing my focus anyway just due to the time I’ve spent training. It’s been a pretty good year for me though.

3 comments:

Gina said...

I am sorry to hear about Lindsay's wounds. That sucks! I hope she is recovered and healed soon. Glad you guys got it checked out.

Randy Lewandowski said...

Good to hear that Linsay got taken care of, that could have been ugly.
Nice job keeping the focus as you have been hitting Hard now since about last November and I don't care who you are that a long time to be killing it. With a nice little break you will be ready for cross season!

Jumpy (but looking for a new name)

Randy Lewandowski said...

Good to hear that Lindsay got taken care of. That could have turned real ugly.
Nice job keeping the focus as you have been hitting Hard now since about last November and I don't care who you are that a long time to be killing it. With a nice little break you will be ready for cross season!

Jumpy (but looking for a new name)