Friday, September 15, 2006

9/15-last few days

So I got my rides in, despite the downer weather. And I haven’t been sleeping well either. I thing it’s the weather changing. I totally get the SAD (seasonal affect disorder). When the seasons change, my system gets whacked. My mood gets down, I can’t sleep, my eating gets off (either up or down), etc.
Wednesday I rode out across South Shore Dr. and rode across Lanam Ridge rd to get some hard climbing. It’s a pretty hard ride. I ride these roads all the time and never have a problem w/ dogs, but I was chased by 5 this day. And I saw, I think, 8, 3 just didn’t chase. What a pain.
Thursday I rode hill ints. on the 4 hills I ride for this ride. It went fine, but I felt tired. Wed and thurs both were dreary, misty and no sun at all.
Today the sun was out, and I rode the normal easy Friday ride. I had to make a small detour due to closed road, but I don’t’ really care.
I think Sunday we’re going to go ride MTB at BCSP to get ready for the race there next weekend. After next weekend I’m done riding MTB this year. I’m going to tear my MTB down and slowly overhaul it. We’re going to start riding CX bikes pretty regularly next week too to get ready for that season. Plus I plan to start some runs not next week, but the one after. I got my brake pads on my CX bike and my RR hub overhauled. I was totally impressed to see how well the Rock-N-Roll Super Web bearing grease held up over a whole year of abuse (rain, snow, and 6 days/week of use). It was amazing. Every ball had a film of grease around it and the seal the grease creates around the cones was 100% intact. This stuff is impressive.
Anywho, the first CX race on my calendar is Oct 15 in Cinci, OH. It is UCI race, so top pro’s will be there. I hope to get to see Chris Horner, one of my favorite racers, race there. I read in Velo News that he’s going to focus on the whole CX season this year. It will be cool to compete on the same course as the big boys. That’s a month away though.
1 thing at a time . Gotta get through Hilly 100 weekend first (we’re talking ~ 28 hours of work between Friday night, Saturday all day and Sunday moring)…

No comments: