Monday, September 04, 2006

9/4 the weekend (& Labor Day)

Man, we had a packed full holiday weekend. Saturday was a normal, riding day off, full workday for me. Nothing to report. Sunday Lindsay and I got up and went to Indy for a dirt time trial at Town Run Park, pout on the Bike Line racing team. It was a ton of fun and the course was in the best shape I’ve ever seen it in (and I’ve ridden there a lot). It was dry, but not dusty, so it was real grippy in turns and super fast. I haven’t ridden there since the race last year (in June) and I didn’t do a pre-ride for the TT, so I was riding solely on year old memory of the course. That being the case, I rode really well, made no real mistakes and hammered where I could. I turned in a 0:29:05, which was good for 18th (out of 86). I cannot complain, as almost everyone ahead of me was an Indy local who rides that course several times a week and knows it "w/ their eyes closed." The DINO finale’ @ TRTP is this Sunday, so I wanted to use the TT as pre-ride to at least attempt to level the field. At least I’ve ridden it now.
When we got back my parents were here and we spent the afternoon at the 4th St. Festival looking at all the arts and crafts and things for sale. It was all hella too expensive for us to even consider, but some of it was really cool. Then we ran some errands w/ the ‘rents, and went to dinner at Siam House Thai place. Good stuff. This was the ‘rents first time eating Thai food and they liked. I ordered a veggie dish w/ a bunch of veggies (and pineapple) w/ tofu and ordered it a 5* (the hottest they make it). I eat a lot of hot food, I put either crushed chili’s, chili paste, or some sort of hot sauce on everything I eat anymore, and I‘ve gotten 4*’s from Siam before and felt I could take more. The 5 was nothing. It was as if they forgot to spice it. It was really good, great flavor, but not too hot. Oh well, either my tolerance is way up, or the kitchen messed up.
Then today I rode to Spencer and came back through Elletsville. It was around 45miles, which is a little less than I wanted to do, but I had a stiff headwind the whole way back, so it was fine. I rode strong and felt good, though I think I tore my left calf little at the TT. It is sore, but totally functional, so I’m putting Icy Hot on it to bring blood to it to get it healed. Hopefully it doesn’t turn into something worse. I doubt it will.

No comments: