Sunday, September 24, 2006

Back in the money

Not much going on the past few days. Weather forced me off the bike, Thursday and Friday and Saturday is always off, so I was good and recovered for today’s race at BCSP. As it turns out taking a few days off before racing and going in totally rested helps a lot; I had a great day. The first three spots in the Expert field were pretty much decided before we even started, as 1,2 and 3 were all pro. The rest of us were pretty much racing for fourth. Dan Prater and I went into the woods 4th (DP) and 5th (me) and that’s where we stayed. We battled the whole day, but we ended up just how we started, 4th for Dan and 5th for me. 5th overall was good for 1st 19-29 Expert men, so I won my age group award and 5th overall paid too. I got paid twice and ended up w/ $75 for the day. Pretty sweet for an MTB pay-out. Plus they had a cookout afterwards w/ veggie burgers, chicken and stuff, so it was a good day all around. I felt good and rode great. I was very happy w/ my day on this demanding course; I beat a lot of fast guys who normally beat me.
So you regular readers probably expect that this is my last MTB race of the year. Not so after all. I was asked to participate on a four man team in the DINO 24 hour race next weekend and I’m gonna. I’ve never ridden at night before, so this should be fun. I think it will be fun anyway, so I’m kind of psyched. We start at noon Saturday and race until noon Sunday.
Then the following weekend is the Hilly 100, which means about 26 hours of work in three days.
Then the following weekend is the UCI CX race in Cincinnati I’m 60-70% planning on doing.
Then the following weekend is the first B-Town CX race.
Off season? Off season? We don’t need no stinkin off season. (I’m lying, I need a rest.)

No comments: