Monday, September 18, 2006

Big MTB

Yesterday (Sunday) we went to BCSP to ride MTB. Lindsay and I left form here and were meeting Dan P and Josh P. There were a lot of people there, so we picked up some others and had a decent group starting out. It ended up just Dan and I in the end and we rode 4 full laps of the BCSP trail. That’s 3.5 hours and just over 35miles. That’s pretty serious MTBing. I was definitely tired when we got home. I fell asleep for a little bit (~30 min or so, I’d guess).
I knew it was looking like rain this a.m. (which it is in fact raining and crappy), so I planned on either spinning on rollers for an hour or a run. I decided to spin and hold off on the until next week, as sometimes the soreness of a run can stick w/ me for a while and I want to fell at least kind of fresh for the BCSP MTB race this weekend.
I’ve gotten into turning on the digital cable music channel "Americana" lately. It plays stuff like Dave Alvin, Wilco, Marah, Son Volt, Nico Case, Dwight Yokum, etc. I’ve been pretty into this genre, which is a rootsy, stripped down rock, the past few years. Good stuff.
I going to plan on getting in a CX ride tomorrow and ride Paragon (~43miles, fairly flat [for here]) Wed and finish out the week normal going into Sunday’s race. It should be pretty hard. BCSP is a demanding course and ding 3 laps race pace will be tough. Doing 4 laps non race pace was super tough, so 3 @ RP should be a killer.

No comments: