Wednesday, September 06, 2006

kerplunk!

Yesterday RS and I rode the MMSF (Morgan-Monroe St Forest) loop, which is 100% freshly paved. This makes for a sweet ride. The climbs are better and a couple of the downhill sections used to be downright dangerous at speed. No more. They are glass smooth and fast as you can go. We rode "easy" because RS is doing Iron Man WI this weekend. Nonetheless I woke up feeling sore in the legs and sluggish.
I set out to do my normal Wed. tempo ride of the Bottom Rd Loop, which was closed for construction. I then had no real agenda, so I turned around and just started riding. I got to Boltinghouse Rd and decided to climb BH, since it’s been a while since I hit it. I climbed it fine, then took a left and ride in on hwy 45. My normal ride is about 35miles, and I got in 27 or so, so no big deal. However, my av HR was super low, in the 120’s, so that tells me I should have just stayed in. I felt like taking the day off, but rode anyway, and my body clearly wasn’t into it. Also weird, yesterday after riding I was super hungry, which is kind of off for me too. I don’t eat before riding (unless I’m going really long) and I eat an egg w/ bread (or an egg sandwich, if you will) when I get in, but that wasn’t enough yesterday. Nothing too big, when you’ve been going for most of the year, your bound to get out of whack every now and again.

No comments: