Thursday, September 07, 2006

Off

I opted for today (Thurs) off. My left calf, which I mentioned a few days ago I suspect has a little tear in the muscle is still bother me some and my legs have felt tired the past couple of days. W/ a fast race (DINO @ Town Run Park in Indy) coming up this Sunday, I want to fell fresh-ish. SO I am not riding today, tomorrow I will do Friday’s normal easy jaunt and off Saturday.
I swept the floors this morning, a chore I’ve been putting off for a while. Actually, I swept the downstairs last week, so today I did the upstairs, the stairs AND downstairs again.
As for this weekends race, TRTP is usually a big draw due to its locale in Indy. I don’t show up w/ high expectations due to the home course advantage held by so many. I’d say realistically I will be racing for 15th or so at best. But it’s fun day and not too far of a drive, so we won’t be gone till like 10pm. Plus the series awards will follow and I (pretty much) have 3rd in 19-29 Expert men locked. At least I think I do. I can’t remember for sure the separation, but I think that’s right. Should be fun.
After this weekends race I am racing once more at the Brown County St Park race being put on by Matt Battin of Bicycle Station. It is the 24th, so two more weeks. Hopefully everyone else is feeling the effects of the long season by then and it’s not uber competitive, and little more laid back and fun. We’ll see (not likely though).
Gotta send blog-luck to RS, BZ and BTB at Iron Man WI this weekend. I think the weather is looking good for them, which is a huge +, as a crappy day when you’re racing for 9 or so hours would suck.

No comments: