Thursday, September 28, 2006

Voila (here it is)

24 hours of racing. Straight. I’m leaving early Saturday to head to Warsaw for the 24 hours of DINO race. My team (Minor Threat) and I are meeting at the race, as they are all from Indy and I want to have my car to sleep in and stuff. I guess it should be about 6 hours of racing for each of us, but we’ll see how it pans out. I have my "supplies" (groceries) ready to go and my bike’s ready, but am I? Sure. Why not? It’s all good fun.
Th Week:
Monday I went out and rode and easy –less than- 20miler, just to spin Sunday’s race out of the legs.
Tuesday we rode CX bikes. It was RS, Fred and Jean-Luc Serriere. JLS took us on this crazy route (he was on his MTB) that took connector trails w/ huge either gravel or chewed up tractor-made trails that ended up in the Yellowwood St Forest on the logging roads. It ended up being about 32 miles and was a killer ride; super hard and great scenery. We were off road for a good portion of this ride, which is awesome. Plus any time I can ride w/ JLS and not get dropped it’s a good day. For reference of just how fast he is, we rode in from Yellowwood on hwy 45 and he was out front taking looooong pulls of about 25-26mph ON HIS MTB! That dude is fast (and that’s why he’s pro).
Yesterday (Wed.) I planned on riding the Bottom Rd loop @ tempo, but the road that makes the loop (Buskirk) had a ‘road closed ahead’ sign on it, so I continued on the road I was on (Burma), thinking I knew where it lead. I was wrong. I ended up on Hwy 37, pissed off and having to get to a road I knew. So I headed south on 37 riding as fast as I could, into a wind, until I got to a road I knew (Simpson Chapel) and took it back home. I ended up riding longer and harder than I wanted, but whatever. It happens.
Today I (somewhat reluctantly*) rode what is normally Friday’s easy/short ride, setting up to take tomorrow off and race ALL WEEKEND. *I slept terribly last night and wanted to not ride a t all today, but I knew I wanted to stay the course an stick to my plan to ~hopefully~ ~kind of~ peak this weekend. We shall see.
So, tomorrow’s off, then hopefully I live through the weekend for another report.

No comments: