Friday, October 13, 2006

Dude wheres my coat?

Holy crap it got cold. It’s been freezing or just below the past two nights. That means right around freezing @ ride time. I’m not used to that. It’s quite the shock to the system. I rode yesterday what has come to be the normal Thursday ride hitting 4 hills for hill work. I about froze in general and especially on downs. The weatherbug said 32* when I left and 34* when I got back. Man.
Today I wanted to ride road, but it was 34* and the wind was supposed to be 25-35 mph and I wanted no part of that. It’s windy, but I don’t think it’s THAT windy yet. Anywho, I rode my CX bike out to the end of the Clear Creek Trail and back. Just a little 50 or so minute jaunt to keep warm. It’s not very long, but to go ride your CX bike ~15 miles on non paved stuff is awesome.
I am going to my first CX race of the year (well, of the season, I race cross in January and February of this year) Sunday in Ohio. It should be a big race and a lot of work because these Ohio guys love their cross. Our joke is: while we’re riding trainers all winter to train for summer road/MTB racing, they’re riding trainers all summer to train for winter cross racing. Eh, it’s all good fun.

No comments: