Wednesday, October 11, 2006

In the books

Another Hilly 100 is gone. Josh and I were extremely busy the whole time. I figured up with my hours at the bike shop Friday I worked around 32 hours over the weekend. We were busy w/ repairs pretty much non stop. My hands are sore at this point from wrenching and installing tons of tires. It’s fun though and a good change of pace (although that change of pace is much faster than normal). The weather was great for the Hilly and everyone seemed to be in good spirits and having a good time. I lost my voice some Saturday night form talking almost non-stop the entire weekend. I got to ride Sunday, but Josh forgot his shoes so I rode w/ Big Zach (http://zachruble.blogspot.com/) from Muncie. It was his second lap of the 50 mile Sunday route, so he was 50miles up on me from the start. He is a pro triathlete, so 100 milers are nothing to him. But 100 milers w/ B-Town hi8lls are another story. He was totally worked over and drafted my wheel 100% of the ride. I dropped him on the hills and waited for him at the top, then pulled him to the next hill. I wanted him to stay on my wheel incase he totally bonked out I could help him out. This was my plan until the last hill (Water Tower), on which I planned to totally stick it to him, as it’s only about 3 miles from the finish. He tried tooth-and-nail to hang on, but had nothing left in the tank. He admitted I totally worked him over and that he needs to be pounded like that more often. Good Hilly all around.
Monday: off after the BUSY weekend.
Tuesday: rode the cross bike out Wapahani Park via the Clear Creek cinder trail and busted 5 laps around the lake. About 1hr 15min. Nice little work out of the CX.
Today (Wed): RS and I rode CX bikes on a nice 1hr 15 (~21mile) ride on gravel roads and trials. It was a good loop and started raining a little toward the end , which is fine on CX bikes. This loop, however, has a big descent on it w/ no climb up to it to speak of. So next week we’re going to go out and do the loop opposite the way we did today to climb this gravel road which should be pretty challenging. I was along descent,, so it should be a borderline grueling climb!

3 comments:

Randy Lewandowski said...

Nice job with the Hilly, hopefully you made a pocket full of CASH!

Jumpy

Anonymous said...

uuuuhhhh I can deliver you a pizza sometime....hand tossed or pan?

adamrodkey said...

Stuffed crust. And I'll eat forwards!