Sunday, October 29, 2006

More CXin

Leading up to today, weather has kept me off the bike for the past three days.
So today was the Indy CX race at Brookeside Park. This is a tough course w/ lots of grass, lots of pavement and a stair run up i.e.: it’s a tough course. It was brutal too. I worked super hard. Our race was 45min + one lap. My HR was through the roof the whole time, I couldn’t get recovered, though I was able to find a rhythm, that rhythm was just right around where my lungs were on fire. Add onto it this chest cold that I’ve been fighting for about a week and a half and I was beat. I coughed for probably about 5 minutes straight, spitting up a bunch of phlegmy crap after I finished. I ended up 6th in my race, which isn’t too bad against all the Ohio guys and considering how bad I felt afterwards. I’ll take it.
Lindsay won her race and got a sweet schwag bag for winning. She got a jacket, a hat and some other stuff. Good for her.

No comments: