Sunday, November 12, 2006

and so it begins

My week off for the year.
I finished off the week in training pretty normal:
Wednesday we rode road, despite a "slick road advisory." RS TC and I rode the Morgan-Monroe St Forest loop pretty hard. It felt good to ride hard on the road.
Thursday I rode out to Wapahani via the Clear Creek Trail on the cx bike to work on mounts. The footbridge I dismount and run over was slick as snot due to it being wet, and I fell on it the first time I hit it. Lesson learned, and I walked it the remaining laps.
Friday I rode short/easy road. Just 17 or so miles easy.
Today was the Major Taylor Velodrome cross race. This course has agreed w/ me in the past and today was no different. I beat (and dropped) several fast people and took second. $30 pay-out for 2nd, I’ll take that. I felt great, rode good and placed high. My average hr was lower than normal, but I rode faster, that’s good.
So w/ no race this coming weekend, I’m making this week my annual week of no training. I will not workout this week at all. I will ride to work everyday, but that doesn’t count. I have my road bike tore down for it’s yearly overhaul to be done this week.
There it is: body maintenance and bike maintenance.

No comments: