Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The good half

I’ve taken advantage of the good half of the week. I got out for a little recovery Monday, about an hour, easy. I was sore after Sunday’s effort. I don’t really get sore from riding anymore, but I pushed really hard Sunday when I wanted to back off. I defiantly paid for it, but it was worth the price.
Tuesday we rode time trial bikes. This was the first ride I’ve done on my newly built TT bike. This bike is fast. It’s no too uncomfortable, but feels pretty unstable. It’s steep and has a lot of drop from the seat to bars, so it’s to be expected. I rode it for about 1:45, and felt much better than I expected to. Coming back south was into the wind, so I got a chance to feel it’s aero benefit. It’s gonna be fast.
Today it rained in the morning, but I rode cx anyway. It was wetter than I thought it was going to be, so I got hella dirty. I rode about 1:15 on some gravel roads and stuff, so it was fun, but wet. Whatever, I just wanted to get out while I can.
I looks like tomorrow is the 1st of the crap days. The weather guy said there could be as much as 8" of snow by Friday! I plan to ride trainer tomorrow.
The DINO off road marathon is Saturday and several Muncie people are coming down for it, so hopefully it doesn’t get too bad. We’re all hanging out Friday night, then they have to run 26 miles the next day. Poor saps. As I (think I) mentioned, we may go th Louisville Sunday for CX, so if it hella snows, it could be ugly.

No comments: