Friday, November 03, 2006

My week, my year (my stats)

What a week, I rode road twice and ate pizza once!
Monday I went out short as recovery from Sunday’s CX. Then I took off Tuesday. It was rainy and I had plans for the rest of the week anyway, so I figured it would be a good day off.
Then Wed we went out for a 2 hour cross ride out on the gravel roads east of town. It was a good hard ride and Steve, a new guy in town I invited, tagged along and rode really strong. Notable on this ride was the Tim Cote and Fred both rode all the way up the unride-able gravel hill on McGowan rd. Studs. The other three of us (Ryan and Steve and I) all have single front chain rings, so that’s our collective excuse.
Thursday I rode CX out to Wapahani Park via the Clear Creek Trail. I wanted to go to Wap and practice remounting off of dismounts. I do it wrong and am robbing myself of speed/time. I land w/ left foot on the ground and use it as a boost to get my butt on the seat. What I need to be doing (and worked until I got it consistently) is to jump a little higher and land fully on my seat w/ my feet off the ground so I keep rolling instead of landing w/ a foot on the ground and slowing myself Fred Flintstone style. I think I got it down to where I am doing it consistent, but we’ll see how I perform in a race setting this weekend.
Today (Fri) I rode short road again. It was cold today (and yesterday), about 28* when I left. Great.
Sunday is B-town CX #2. Whoo-hoo!
Thursday night Linds and I went to Mother Bear's Pizza for a pie. This place rules for those of you who get to B-town or who live here. It's a national award winning joint w/ a local feel. Good stuff.
Here are my stats for the year in racing:
NORBA (MTB) Expert:
State Overall rank: 14/30
National Age Group: 36/241
National Overall: 252/1424
USCF (road*) Cat IV:
State Overall: 1
State Age Group: 1
National Overall: 332/2621
*Indiana Race Series races are not USCF, they are ABR, another governing body. All of the Ohio Valley Races are USCF and a few Indiana (but not IRS) races are USCF. Confused? Sorry.

No comments: