Sunday, November 26, 2006

T-Giving Week; The state champs

I got in a full week of training after the week off. I was able (willing) to get outside every day this past week. It was cold in the mornings, but great weather during the days. Anyway, I go tout every day.
Thursday was thanksgiving and I got out for a \under 1 hour before we headed to my parents for the lunch meal. It was nice to be home and I always love the feast.
After we left their house we went to my brother’s girlfriend’s parent’s (follow that?) house to hang w/ them a little. They have a killer pad on a lake west of Indy. We ate some more there.
Today was the KOA campground cross race, which was the Indiana State CX Championships. It was a little muddy, a hard course but a super nice day. I raced in shorts and short sleeves w/ no base layer. It was close to 70* I think. Anywho, long story short, I am the 2006 Indiana State CX Champ! I got 2nd overall, but the guy who beat me was from OH, so that makes me #1 finisher from IN. I got paid for the 2nd and a medal for the 1st. Though I wasn’t paid/paid, paid/medal is still double dipping* in my book, and that’s the sweetest way to win. (* double dipping is when you’re in the money overall AND in the money in a subdivision and get paid for both)
We are considering going to the KY State Champs next weekend in Louisville. Nit 100% sure yet, but maybe. The weather is supposed to get back to nasty later in the week. Looks like I may have to bust out the trainer for the first time this year later this week. Blah.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Well your wish came true!
Congrads on the win!!!!!!!!!!