Monday, December 04, 2006

and then it was cold

Sunday I had planned on riding 3 or so hours. I was going to go to Nashville. I called RS to see if he wanted to ride and he asked "outside?" "Are you crazy?" He’s usually pretty game, so I decided to cut it down to about 40miles, or a little over 2 hours and went solo. It was 19* when I left and about 22* when I got back. It was cold. And it was windy too. This was the killer, not the temps so much, but I was straight into the wind for the first 10-15 miles and it was tough and cold. Once I got out of the headwind, it wasn’t too bad. After about 1 hour my bottles froze completely, so I had no water, but I made it. I had to go through some deep water (about hub-deep) on Bottom Rd (which WILL be flooded if it's flooded anywhere), which didn't seem like a big deal until I went for my brakes and had a close call due to my rims being 100% iced over. My feet got pretty wet from splash, but I had on my Cannondale LE booties, which are water/wind proof and not a drop of water made it through. Thier LE material has really impressed me. The sun finally started to poke out right as I was getting in, but whatever. I got a ride in w/out using the trainer.
Friday we went to RS and SS’s for a pre-marathon dinner thing. It was nice to hang w/ most of the Muncie crue (and SS made some killer lasagnas). The marathon seems to have gone pretty well for all involved that I know if. It was wet and slick for most of it, but people were close enough to goal times that it seemed to have worked out.
Today, seeing as it’s 9*, I’ll ride rollers for an hour or so. I may have a couple days off riding ahead of me. Tomorrow me and another guy form work are helping some lady move for a sweet hourly rate paid in cash (no f**cking taxes). And we may have to finish up Wed if we don’t’ get done tomorrow. I may ride trainer in the evening, if I feel like it and don’t get home too late.
Today I go to the Dr. about my muscle injury. We’ll see how that goes…

No comments: