Tuesday, December 12, 2006

CX, DR

Sunday was #3 in the B-Town CX Series. It was a rough course due to the ground being frozen hard and really rough anyway. It was around the IU outdoor pool. It was really hard to find rhythm due to the rough ground and it being pretty technical. I ended up 5th, but some people faster than I flatted out. I still held my own, but I would have been a few places back if others hadn’t DNF’d.
Yesterday (Monday) I went to the Physical Therapist. This first visit was for evaluation. He said I have really tight tensor bands on the front of my hips that are causing my glut muscles to have to do more work than they otherwise would, which is why I have an overuse injury in my medial glut. He said the stretches I’m doing are good and gave me a couple more. I go in again this coming Monday for him to work on my tensors. Hopefully we can get it nipped.
Today I rode trainer for 1.5hrs. It was raining, so I watched an episode of Saved By The Bell, then put in a Beavis and Butthead DVD for the remainder. Good stuff.
Tomorrow looks better, so I’m planning on getting outside. I may ride the TT bike out sr 446, may ride road not sure yet.
This Sunday there is a "underground" cross race is Columbus. A lot of people come over for ours from C-Bus, so we’ll probably go over. Again, we shall see.

No comments: