Wednesday, December 06, 2006

The Dr....moving...no ride

I successfully diagnosed myself online (and w/ Lindsay’s vast knowledge of sports-injury). The Dr. confirmed me as suffering from pirifomris syndrome. I go to physical therapy Monday. I also figured out the exercises to do for it online, so hopefully the PT will have a thing or two I don’t’ already know and make it seem worth my time/money.
Yesterday we moved most of the lady’s stuff from the house and into a truck. She has very little furniture, but is an artist (and is 81 years old) and has 100’s of paintings, most in frames. We weren’t able to get done yesterday, so we’re going back today. I spent a good hour or two in an attic w/ loose fiberglass (I think) insulation pulling years and years of paintings out to be handed down to the other guy. We probably both have cancer now. The old lady and her daughter are really nice and letting us go at it, w/ minimal interference. My fear was some overbearing person hovering over us being like "put that there," "no, that goes there," etc, etc. We got lucky.
I wasn’t into a trainer ride last night after lifting and carrying all day (9-5). I feel way better this am than I thought I would. I’m not sore anywhere at all. Being in shape rules. Maybe I’ll get on the hamster wheel tonight if we knock off early, which we should be able to; we don’t have too much left.
B-Town CX this weekend. It seems like forever since I’ve raced (I think it’s been a week).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ADAM....I am gonna ride to bloomington this week and then you can take me to the hospital for hypothermia and frost bite.

adamrodkey said...

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Gina said...

Way to diagnose yourself. Sounds very painful what you have. I hope the PT is working and you've maybe learned something new. Get well soon.

That was nice of you guys to help move that old woman's stuff. What a long day!