Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Not again!

I feel like I might be getting another cold. I just feel tired/worked and am sneezing some. I am loading up on zinc and C, and have napped the past few days after work, so hopefully I dodge it. I have to get on a plane in about a week, and I’d rather not have a compromised immune system. I’m not crazy about being a plane breathing that recycled air anyway, so hopefully this is licked by then.
I had a PT session Monday. I think that will be my last. The guy basically did a bunch of the same evaluative stuff he did last time, but whatever. It was when he put me on a Air Dyne exercise bike and started talking to me about bike fit that he lost my faith. I didn’t want hi to get there. A rider of my stature can’t have a non racer giving him fit advice; it just doesn’t work. I’m doing the exercises he gave me and they seem to be helping. I think next month I‘m going to go for a couple massage sessions, because it’s about the same cost as a PT session and I think it will do more good. If that doesn’t seem to help by Feb, I may see a guy that RS has recommended to me.
Tuesday I rode the CX bike to Wapahani park and rode a few laps around the lake. It was about 28*, but I felt fine. A little shock coming from the 60* temps of the last week or tow, but I can deal w/ it.
Today RS and I rode a loop of the MM St. Forest. I rode harder than I would have liked to given I feel a little sick, but when you ride w/ RS, you ride hard.(period)
It is supposed to rain tomorrow, so it looks like a trainer day. I’ll likely take it easy and go an hour tops to rest a bit. Man, it’s xmas in few days. I’m planning on taking either my cross bike or road bike home w/ me, as the weather looks like it would allow a ride or two. I’ll only be there a couple days, but if I can ride, I might-as-well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Massage = good........PT session = you can find the same thing if you do some research.

Gina said...

Agreed if you have the PT advice, why go outside of your home to do it? Massage is definitely a good idea... it's good for you even when you don't have issues.

Take my advice and buy yourself some Airborne. It's 5 bucks at Walmart and worth every penny. I haven't been sick in almost a year. Take it at the first sign of any illness, and if you are already sick, it will abbreviate your suffering to a day or two.