Sunday, December 30, 2007

3+

We got a solid 3+ hrs today. We had a good, strong crew and rolled it fast. It was good hard ride that would be a respectable pace/time in the summer, so it’s really good in December. It made me feel really good about my form and training. (not getting dropped by Ryan Shanahan is good this time of year [any time of year] because he never slows down. I rode good on the hills and took my share of pulls.)
We (Lindsay and I) had a great christmas with my family Saturday. Amongst a lot of great things, I got a weight bench for my basement, which I wanted because I’m doing lifts on one of those big balls right now and I’m afraid the instability could result in a dumbbell on the face. I also got Nikki Sixx’s book "The Heroin Diaries," which I have had a hard time putting down. Nikki is the founder and creative mind behind Motley Crue and for a number of years was completely strung out on heroin. He kept a diary and this book is his diary, published. It has interludes from both him and people that were around him at the time, and being a huge Motley fan, I’m very into it.
New Year’s Eve tomorrow; we’ll likely stay in.
Happy New Year!

No comments: