Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Suck it up Buttercup

I had three good reasons to extend my week off to a week-and-a-day off Monday morning.
1)I was out late (~1am) at The Knitters concert in Indy, which was an awesome show.
2)My alarm got unplugged and I over slept by ~.5 hr.
3)It was 26* outside and I had to run ~5miles.
But this is hurt time; time to train, no excuses. Time to suck it up, Buttercup. So I did. And I rode 2.5hrs on trainer today. I need to keep this up through December, then up the bike time over Jan/Feb. I have two-a-days scheduled for two days/week, for a total of 2 runs/week, 2 lift sessions/week and 4-5 rides/week. Weeeeee!
I have a new "B" bike I built for trainer riding and not so good weather riding. That’s not to say it ‘s a bad bike; it’s not. It’s a Cannondale CAAD9 w/ Campy Centaur. This bike is all aluminum. Everything that can be metal is metal.
I also sold my Giant TCR at the Hilly 100 and built a new one of those too. I got a 2008 TCR Advanced frame and built it up a Campy Chorus. It’s sweet. It’s my "A" training/race bike though.
There’s supposed to be snow tomorrow. We’ll see.
B-Town CX #2 this weekend. Then road ride afterwards (at least that’s the plan, we’ll see how I feel).

No comments: