Sunday, December 09, 2007

Week 1 (in review)

I had a really good workout week. I got in everything I needed to, and didn’t fudge on any of it. I lifted two days and was sore, but did my other workouts anyway (it’s easy to talk yourself out of workouts when you’re sore). I think the key to being able to run the day after the first lift session of the year was spinning for 45 minutes on the rollers in the evening following the morning lift session.
Today was the scheduled Bloomington Underground Cyclocross Race #2. It was raining and in the mid 30’s, so they cancelled it. To my knowledge, this is the first ever cancellation. We’ve raced in far worse conditions than 30’s and rain, but oh well. Only two two others showed up anyway, so it wouldn’t have been much fun. I went and rode my cx bike alone for ~1.5 hours in the rain after learning of the cancellation to get in some hours. It poured really hard for a while and my water proof Cannondale clothing was totally water logged, but I was dry (the stuff works). It cleared up some later in the day so I bused out some dry clothing and hopped on my "rain" bike to get in MORE hours. I rode road for another ~1.5hrs to get in my scheduled 3hrs for the day. It wasn’t too bad really and I’m really glad I got out.
Week 2 starts tomorrow; oh boy!

No comments: