Sunday, January 06, 2008

3- (as in NOT 3+)

We got in just a hair under 3hrs today, but it was a good ride. With it being 60* outside in January, how could it be bad? I had an overall productive day too.
We had group of four out and one of us was feeling weaker than the bunch due to excessive running and very little biking. Since I’m too skinny to put out a good draft, I let him stay in front of me at all times so he could draft of the "more aero" guys. It just worked out to where neither he nor I took a single pull the whole ride. Ryan and Fred split 100% of the work and we just hung on. This is actually good race training, as ideally racing I will do no work saving myself. I didn’t set out w/ this in mind, it just worked out that way.
My bike (and myself) were totally filthy when I got back, so I hosed off my bike and showered in our basement shower, so to not dirty up the bathroom one (having two showers rules sometimes).
I got The Simpsons Movie watched, which I didn’t see in the theater for some reason. It was very good and I’m glad I finally saw it.
Plus, since it was so warm I got my pepper aerated and turned. It still had a little lettuce and spinach left in it, so turned it all over and put the hunks of stuff into the compost. Hopefully my pepper garden is successful this summer.
I also got the floors vacuumed and cleaned my bathroom.
Like I said, a pretty productive day. And to think, I’m on the same 24hr program as everyone!
(I got in 12hrs of training this week)

No comments: