Sunday, January 13, 2008

The day; The year

My crew bailed on an outside ride today, but I wasn’t into riding trainer for 3 hours, so I headed out on the cross bike. I rode the gravel roads east of town and got in a good solid 2:20.00 or so. It was wet-ish and cold, but it wasn’t too bad out there on the DNR roads because there’s so much tree cover the wind doesn’t cut so bad. I had to ride trainer for ~45min when I got back to get in my time, but it was well worth it. I am getting good trainer rides in this year, but I don’t want to be on it unless I have to.
It’s going to get cold again, so this week may have more indoor rides than I prefer, but you gotta do what you gotta do.
Tomorrow is a run day, so it’s out in the cold.
I got my 2008 race scheduled typed up to send to a friend (coach Steinmetz in Boulder, CO) and thought I’d put it up here too. It’s pretty solid, but spaced out enough it should work out well enough. It’s my plan, and things can happed, I could up with a few more, or a few could get cut. We’ll see. Here it is:

April:
19- Morgan-Monroe road race/7 mile TT*
20 -Mooresville rr*
*Tour of Indiana Stage Race
26- Brown County State Park road race
May:
17- West Lafayette rr stg 1
18- West Lafayette rr stg 2
June:
1-Brown County State Park DINO*
*MTB
14- IN State RR Championships (Fishers)
July:
6- American Mountain Bike Challenge Muskatatuck Park, Noprth Vernon, IN*
*MTB
19- McCormicks’ Creek RR
August:
23- Ft. Benjamin Harrison RR/Fall Creek pkwy TT*
24- IN state Fairgrounds Crit*
*IN stage race
31- West Lafayette RR
There will be a few Monrovia 40k’s mixed in here and there.
Plus some of the Ohio Valley Race Series road races in March, but the calendar isn’t up yet for those.

Stay warm!

1 comment:

Gina said...

You are doing great and have some big goals this spring/summer. I admire you training in the cold... it's about a high of 6 degrees here lately and I know it's commonly colder in Indiana than Utah. So brrr, kudos to you!