Thursday, January 10, 2008

this week, thus far

This week has gone good, though I haven’t been sleeping well.
Monday‘s run was nice, as it was really warm. I ran in shorts and short sleeves. That’s not normal January fare.
Tuesday was warm again, but rainy, so it was a shade over 2hrs on the trainer. I watched the 1998 Giro De Itallia, which was the year Pantani won both it and the Tour de France, so it’s a good one.
Wednesday was lift in the a.m. and ride rollers p.m. It went well.
Today it is back to seasonal temps, but w/ some sun it was a good riding day. It was ~37* and partly sunny, so I went out alone and ride to the Morgan Monroe Forest and did the Bean Blossom climb twice, then completed the lap. This is a good workout and I was feeling good. I rode Bean the first time just tempo, then rode it hard the second. My tempo ascent was 5:46.6 and my hard effort was 5:45.9, so I went about a minute faster the second time up (Bean Blossom is ~1.4miles long and gains ~350’).
I’ll lift again tomorrow and ride in the p.m. We are planning 3-4hrs Sunday, so hopefully the weather allows that.
There’s a 9mile trail running race Saturday morning I kinda want to do. It will be very muddy though and I’m not sure if anyone will be around to cover work for me, so I’m not 100% sure on that just yet. Then next Sunday is another Bloomington Underground CX race. I haven’t ridden the CXer in a race setting since November 17th at Lafayette. That’ll be over two months. I hope I remember how to do it!

No comments: