Thursday, January 17, 2008

tired...

I’m 6 ½ weeks into good, hard training and I’m feeling tired. I have two weeks left before a break. My legs were heavy and hollow feeling today (does that make sense? It does to me). I haven’t gotten to the point of low quality work outs, so I’m doing good, I just am feeling tired. I’m getting in my scheduled workouts for my 12hr weeks, but I’m starting to have to force myself to do them instead of just doing them. I didn’t want to get to this point at all, and especially not yet, but that’s winter for a bike racer in the mid-west. I have my February training schedule ready to go but I’m planning on taking the first week off, or at least most of it. I’m cutting out running to get it more bike time, then March will be similar to Feb, but w/ more outside rides.
Then toward the end of march and into april it’s go time.
This Sunday is a B-town cross race, but I have a feeling they won’t hold it due to single digit temps. We’ll see. I got a great hookup on a pair of Cannondale’s waterproof/windproof bib tights, so ineed to try them out. I have a pair of them, but not in bibs and they are sweet. They are completely warm and completely dry in rain, so the bibs should be great.

No comments: