Friday, February 01, 2008

I ain't missin you at all

I’ve been missing races lately (meaning not going, not ‘missing’ them) . The CX in Columbus last Sunday looked good enough, in fact the weather looked so good that we decided a good 3+ hr road ride would do us more good than driving for an hour, riding for an hour then driving another hour. And so we rode. It was just RS and I and we went out to hit some big hills. It was windy too, so it made for a good hard ride. We started out just kind of riding tempo, but ended up w/ the headwind, hence having to hammer.
I ended up a little short on my weekly hours, but not much (just minutes, really).
I tried to get outside yesterday (Thurs 1/31), but it was frigid w/ a strong wind, so I cut it short, but ended up being out for an hour. So I rode trainer when I got in for another while for the hours. I think I’m running a hair behind this week too, and I’m going to do the final B-town underground cx this Sunday, then I may have to work after it, so I will likely end up an hour or so short of 12. No biggy. Then next is off. I decided I’ll lift Wed and Fri, but that it. I am going to see the A.R.T. Dr. Tuesday about a nagging upper back/shoulder pain I’ve been having. It is sometimes keeping up at night in what I can only describe as excruciating pain. It seems to be getting better now that I made an appointment, but we’ll see.
All else is pretty well. I’ve got some work I need to do on Lindsay’s road bike which I’ll likely do next week, otherwise, just truckin’.

No comments: