Saturday, February 02, 2008

THE MAN!

I did our taxes tonight. We filed separately last year, so we decided to file jointly this year to get the benefits it brings. Plus since we bought a house this year, I was expecting the mother of all tax returns. Well, don’t count your chickens before they hatch.
I have always gotten a good tax return check it the past. Usually around $1,000 at least. This year I had plans to pay off a credit card, and maybe make some minor home improvements w/ our FAT return. Well, if you haven’t figured out where I’m going with this yet, we owe the man over $200. It’s only February and I have my WTF?? of 2008 already. Not only did the man take $3,300 from my pay, but now we owe more. I guess somebody has to pay for the billion-dollar-a-day war we’re in. I’m sorry, but we’re lower working class peeps, the system sucks. Plus, I was lead to believe that being married, filing jointly and buying a house brought tax benefits, not further penalized you.
Thanks, George. And if the government uses tax money to troll blogs searching for terrorists, read this: YOU SUCK!

No comments: