Sunday, February 17, 2008

Weak Week.

My week went fine, but I felt tired and weak most of the weak. I’m hoping it’s just the high volume after taking a week off. My lifting Wed and Fri was tough. The weights I’m used to lifting felt very heavy and toward the end of my sets I was struggling to push them up. Then my Friday evening roller ride I felt both tired and disconnected, which led to lack of concentration, which lead to me falling off of the rollers several times. I finally bagged the roller ides ~10 minutes early. Then after bagging the ride I didn’t feel like cooking, but was super hungry, so at my suggestion Lindsay and I went to the Great Wall Chinese Buffet and I tore it up. I wasn’t to tired to eat a lot.
Today was a weird weather day. It rained hard off and on, but finally stopped. Add to that it being ~60* and it means outside riding! Oh, but there was a steady 25-30 mph wind and gusts over 40. It was torture. I was worried about how I might feel since I felt sluggish all week, but I felt good and rode a really solid 2.5hrs. I ended up going at it solo because Ryan’s bike broke down on him (it rules having two bikes, too bad he’s over 6’ tall and can’t borrow one of mine), but I rode strong for the conditions. Though I was totally depleted when I got in, I felt pretty good overall.
First road race of 2008 is in ~5 weeks (March 30), so a few goods weeks leading to that should be doable. As long as I get feeling stronger and peppier

No comments: