Friday, January 01, 2010

2010--Mr. Consistency

DINO at Portage, IN. Another no longer (or at least rarely) used course. I only went there once because it is FAR away; pretty much to Chicago. It actually was an okay course, just too far away.

I was looking at my totals for this (calendar) year (1/1/09-1/1/10) on my Polar Precision Performance software and my memory was sparked. My mileage seemed very close to what I remember doing last year (1/1/08-1/1/09), so I checked and between the two years I was 25miles different (I rode less this year, by 25miles). My mileage isn't 100% accurate because I don't have speed sensors on my cross bikes or my MTB, but a 25mile difference over a 365 day period is pretty wild.
I decided to look at the overall hours trained, thinking w/ mileage that close, the hours were probably close too. They were. 2008 hours were 13minutes higher than 2009. 13 minutes! That's over a 525,600minute period. If I'd have known that earlier yesterday I would have stayed on the trainer an extra 15minutes, for "growths" sake.
2009-
Hours trained (as recorded)- 447.02
Miles ridden (as recorded)-6,228
Mileage doesn't include commute miles, which I estimate at ~ 600-650-/year (~50hrs).
I am once again short of my desired hours of 500. I did, however have one of the better years of my half-assed racing career. I rode well on the road, but circumstance, (crashes, etc) kept me off of podiums. I raced well enough on MTB, considering how little (not at all really) I train specifically for it, I achieved my goal of sub 55min 40k in the time trial, and my CX season was off the chain.
I am hoping/planning/expecting even better things in all <1million> of my racing disciplines this year!
So, looking back on my Polar calendar, Jan 1 2009, I rode a good solid ~60miles w/ RS, Fred, Ren-Jay and Val Torodo. Today is a very nice looking sunny day...and it's 15*. I'm scheduled for 1hr easy, and I think that's all I'll do...and I'll do it inside.

2 comments:

Geraint Parry said...

Dude you should turn pro or upgrade or something! Leave us true part-timers alone in the 3s! Too many organized miles to be riding w us chumps!

adamrodkey said...

Yes, well despite all the pro teams beating down my door, until I actually log some wins amongst the also-rans, I'll likely stay put!