Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I don't know whether the weather will stay like this

Here are two pics of my old Bianchi EV4. This was their top of the line frame at the time that Bianchi built specifically for Marco Pantani. The frame had a 160lb weight limit! I always liked that bike, but then I moved on to carbon fibre.
I wish I still had those wheels on it in the outside pic though. If memory serves, those were Campy Record 10spd hubs built to Mavic Reflex tubular rims. Pic'd w/ Vittoria Corsa all weather tubs. Sweet. These were the cheapest wheels I had at the time so I sold them w/ the bike. Wish I had em now.


The weather here has cooperated with the cyclists somewhat lately. In fact, I've ridden outside 5 (five) consecutive rides! And Sunday I put in a solid hard 3hrs w/ a group of hammer heads, which felt great. The past couple of days have been cold for sure, but I've gotten out anyway. It's hard for me to maintain (high-ish) power for long-ish periods when it's cold and I'm wearing 2,000 layers of clothing, but I'm getting in the hours and generally hitting my numbers.
I'm down to running 1x/week and I'm thinking I may bag it completely after January. I'm still lifting 2x/week and I'll keep that going through Feb and probably a little into March.
All in all I'm feeling pretty good. Other than my bike being so filthy it's probably better off being replaced than cleaned about twice a week, things are good.
Thanks for reading!

No comments: