Thursday, February 17, 2011

A Little Spring in Feb.

With all the mysteries of the great classic works of art trending, I noticed a message that not even the greatest art scholars found in "The Last Supper." Clearly Da Vinci was trying to tell us something.
(click on pic to see what is revealed)
It's quite clear when you really look, he plainly wrote the letters "A" "D" "A" "M" with the spaces between the characters and the with the sleeves of another. Take note art historians and biblical scholars; I'm awesome and it's been right there in front of you all these hundreds of years.
(real point is: you can "write" just about anything you want into this painting, hidden messages? Give me a frickin break)
Speaking of absurdities: I rode outside every day this past week. And they were quality rides too, not the novelty outside Feb rides where you're like "yeah I rode outside, it was 12* and I couldn't feel my ___, ___, or my ___ (insert various body parts here), but I was out damn it!" Those rides serve no real purpose (but I do them too). This week was off the chain as far as the weather is concerned.
I kind of wanted to ride the MTB Sunday, but it rained a bit Saturday night and w/ the ground already soft it would have been a bad (muddy) idea. So I decided to go out and ride my TT bike for a couple of hours to get a good feel for the position. You may recall (assuming I posted about it..) that I got a new TT frame earlier in the year (well late last year I guess) and I've not ridden it outside yet; just on the trainer. I was treating it as a standard "shake down" ride meaning I had no real power/speed/pace, etc. ambitions and enough tools in my pockets to make just about any adjustments that may seem necessary. My plan was to stay aero for 10minutes at a time, then get out of aero for ~3min (unless I got to any big [2min+] hills, then I could get up for those) and I figured I would have to be forcing myself to stay down for the whole of the 10min intervals. To my surprise and delight, the bike felt really good, I made 0 adjustments and I had absolutely no problems/issues staying aero. I did and out-and-back route and it was very windy going out and very fast coming back. My power was actually pretty good though, which is promising. Only issue w/ the bike: my right calf hits the water bottle sometimes. This may turn into an issue, or it may not. When I go hard I tend to pull my right knee inward, so I'll have to ride it some more at a hard effort and see if this will be a problem. If so I may have to get one of these sweet devices. Or modify my aero helmet into a sort of beer helmet.
So this week isa recovery week for me. I'm going to take a couple days off and do some easy riding later in the week. I'm tired and the weather is not as good this week anyway. My form is pretty good right now though, a recovery week will be nice; to "absorb the fitness."


No comments: