Sunday, March 06, 2011

Pain in the neck

This week was coming off a recovery week for me. I can't say I felt "all rested" etc, but I had a super solid week on the bike. I had two good hard interval days, one which I did inside on the trainer and a really good 2hr ride on Wed. I met up w/ a solid group of hard men today and rolled a good 4hr. It was a hard ride, but not a slug fest. I was a little worried about riding long today because I woke up Friday w/ a very sore neck; like it hurt to turn my head. As the days have gone by (Sunday now) it is better, but still a little bummed. Not sure what happened. I have been having neck issues for months, and maybe I just slept wrong on it, but it was pretty bad. Like I said, it does still hurt, but is much better (2 days later).
I don't have a whole lot to report outside of that. Things are just gliding along right now.
I did figure out a way to impress my garbage collector. Have a recycling bin full of Campagnolo boxes.
His mind will be blown. Probably not. But mine would if I were a garbage collector.
We're scheduled to leave at the end of this week for our annual trip to TN to ride the mountains. I guess there's some inter-family drama going on w/ our host (nothing major), but all should fall as planned. Then I may finally race the weekend after we get back (the 19th). The guy who promotes the race is a total idiot, so there's a good chance it won't take place. We'll see.

No comments: